- This Privacy and Cookies Policy of Motomatch SA (Pty) Ltd is effective from 25th March 2019, and forms part of the Terms and Conditions for use of the Website of Motomatch SA (Pty) Ltd.
- Motomatch SA (Pty) Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of users and potential users of its Website, and in particular those from whom Personal Information is received.
- This Privacy and Cookies policy sets out the terms on which the Processing of your Personal Information collected by Motomatch SA (Pty) Ltd occurs. Your browsing or use of services available on the Website of Motomatch SA (Pty) Ltd constitutes your agreement to such terms.
- If you do not agree with any of the terms set out herein below, you should immediately cease using the Website of Motomatch SA (Pty) Ltd.
- Motomatch SA (Pty) Ltd reserves its right to amend the terms set out herein from time to time, and your browsing or use of services available on the Website of Motomatch SA (Pty) Ltd constitutes your agreement to such terms.
- Any changes to the terms set out herein will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, may be notified to you by email.
- “We/our” means Motomatch SA Proprietary Limited with registration number 2017/517902/07.
- “Dealer” means the Dealer as defined in the Terms and Conditions for use of the Website, which terms and conditions are available on the Website;
- “Personal Information” means information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person, in accordance with the definition set out in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
- “Processing your Personal Information”, means any operation or activity or any set of operations, whether or not by automatic means, concerning your Personal Information, in accordance with the definition set out in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
- "User/you" means a person who has accessed the Website of Motomatch SA (Pty) Ltd.
- "Website" means the website of Motomatch SA (Pty) Ltd accessed at www.motomatch.co.za or such other URL as may be chosen by Motomatch SA (Pty) Ltd from time to time.
Processing of your Personal Information
In the course of your browsing or use of services available on the Website of Motomatch SA (Pty) Ltd, we may collect and process the Personal Information set out below:
- Full name, identity or passport number.
- Contact details, including your physical and/or email address.
- Your service preferences including non-personal browsing habits and click patterns.
- Other information, such as your relevant IP address, that may be necessary for any lawful purpose connected with the Processing of your Personal Information.
- We will own and retain all rights to non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us, which may incorporate your de-identified Personal Information.
- We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information to our service providers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and cannot be linked to an individual.
- For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive, and help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
In particular, cookies enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognise you when you return to our Website.
We use information held about you to:
- Ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Invite you to review a Dealer or particular sales person after you have concluded a transaction with a Dealer registered on the Website.
- Notify you about changes to our services.
- We may also use your information, or (with your permission) permit selected third parties to use your information, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by email, SMS, post or telephone.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means with information about services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your information, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
- The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside South Africa. It may also be processed by staff operating outside South Africa who work for us or who are otherwise under our control or act under our instructions.
- We may disclose your Personal Information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties if:
- We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- Any of our shares or assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any of our Terms and Conditions; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- By submitting your Personal Information, you agree to the transfer, storing or processing thereof in the abovementioned ways. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Personal Information is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- While we take all reasonable measures to ensure the security and integrity of your Personal Information processed by us, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information you exchange with us and we cannot under any circumstances be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by you as a result of unlawful access and processing of your Personal Information by a third party.
- Any transmission of your Personal Information to our Website is at your own risk.
- Once we have received your Personal Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access thereof.
- Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates or other third party entities. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy and cookies policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Information to these websites.
- If you have any queries regarding this Privacy and Cookies Policy, please contact us by emailing [email protected]
- You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your Personal Information) if we intend to use your Personal Information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your Personal Information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Personal Information.
- You may at any time request confirmation of your Personal Information that is held by us by emailing us at [email protected] Please write 'Request personal information' in the subject line of your email and include a copy of your identity card to help us prevent unauthorised individuals from accessing your personal information.
- If the personal information we have for you is incorrect, we will update it at your request. You can also ask us to remove your personal information at [email protected] with 'Request for removal of personal information' in the subject line. However, we may need to retain certain information, for example for legal or administrative purposes, such as record keeping or to detect fraudulent activities.